Observability is critical for building, changing, and understanding the software that powers complex modern systems. Teams that adopt observability are much better equipped to ship code swiftly and confidently, identify outliers and aberrant behaviors, and understand the experience of each and every user. This practical book explains the value of observable systems and shows you how to practice observability-driven development.
- How the concept of observability applies to managing software at scale
- The value of practicing observability when delivering complex cloud native applications and systems
- The impact observability has across the entire software development lifecycle
- How and why different functional teams use observability with service-level objectives
- How to instrument your code to help future engineers understand the code you wrote today
- How to produce quality code for context-aware system debugging and maintenance
- How data-rich analytics can help you debug elusive issues